Sunday, January 27, 2013

It's been Legen...wait for it...dary!

The long hiatus was due to the sudden, as in 360º turn of events in my work life. This and all the events that happened EVERY weekend of December, not to mention all the after work events. I was busy and tired. So here's my lame attempt of summarizing the great, sad, tiring, roller coaster ride. 
November was: 
Start of Training for a new project with the craziest classmates ever(as evident in this pic)! TABAAAAAAAAAANG!

Tito Edgar's Birthday   
Lunch with my wavemates. Thank you far far away Ed and hungover-ed Chyben. This was also my first time at Shabu Way. 
The canonization of Saint Pedro Calungsod
Much of this month was also spent on Pinterest
and a short lived obsession with exercising
Photo credits: pinterest
Here goes my obsession with Braids!
My first ever powder break </3
 I also tried new things this month. 
Jam's birthday signaled the start of the party season. 
This is one of the bravest pictures that I've ever taken. This is in Carbon and we were in constant danger of being robbed due to the mayaman aura of the girls!
We had the best humba ever!
and I  saw the cutest door!

Before we knew it December came!
Its time to look for the perfect dress. I wanted to go all white this year. 
Here's a pic of the georgeous ones I saw online 
 It's 13th month time which means it's time to pay your utangs! I was finally able to resurrect my laptop. I got a new 500GB HDD. The store attendant raised his eyebrows when I confidently said my Windows 7 is a genuine copy. Perks of working at.... work. 
I crashed Chyben's Team's party and it was fun! They were crazy people. We worked all night and partied all day. After 2PM everyone got so drunk there were no more pictures(if I'm not mistaken) and we ended up on the shores of Talisay with matching shouting match while on the ride in SRP. Everything was so impromptu, we ended up swimming without extra clothes. That was fuuun!

 I'm no fan of coffee but Starbucks and me had a brief love affair because I fell inlove with their 2013 planner. I got the color that I wanted - green! Thanks to all my friends who drank coffee for me. 

 I splurged and got me new make up!
 New arm candies too!
Christmas is not complete without Christmas Trees!
 and a Christmas Party 
The crazy dress hunting and shoe hunting paid off. I had fun preparing with Feb and Gang.
The after party at Alcology was great! This was at 3AM and the crowd is still in action. 
 Here is my souvenir from that crazy night: 
multiple bruises 
 Cringe-worthy dirty feet! This was because me and Jam were dancing barefoot most of the night. Remind me again never to break new shoes on the day of the party. 
Before the year ended, my team mates and I went over to TJ's Payag. What started out as breakfastless chilling ended up as an unforgettable event.  
That day's events empowered by their drinks below: 
which resulted to this: 
Several of TJ's Mom's flower pots - broken and mangled by flying motorcycles. 
New Year's Eve cake by Cons. 
I finally had time to bring Derp over to the groomers for the much needed grooming. He went from a Hairy Potter to naked dog. 
A happy change meeting with Job who had lunch with me and came with me to get Derp from the groomers.

Before I knew it it's January already.
My happy romance with tea kept blossoming 
I was so excited to go home. This was the only year where I wasn't able to go home on New Year. I went out of work very early to get to my flight on time, only to find out that CebuPac cancelled my flight an hour and half after the scheduled departure, while AirPhil braved the weather. They've delayed flights as long as 4 hours before and that time they cancelled it right away, suspicious. 
I had to reschedule my flight to 2PM which left me stuck in the airport for 6 hours! The Terminal akong peg. I slept in those cold metal benches besides teenage foreigners also stuck in the airport. My short trip was cut even shorter. Pfft
 I had no choice but to squat their power outlets since my phones are running low on battery. 
 I miss those yellow taxis
 The main reason I really went home was this. A date with The Boyfriend at our favorite resto and a cup of my favorite Icy Choco from DD. 
We went over to the gramps and had Tatay listen to some house music and taught Mama to duckface. I miss them already.
Of course I had to spend time with my best friends  which also happened to be both prego! Oh my! This is the first time since high school that we've watched a movie together. The rest of the gang was absent or in a different country code. 
The boyfriend took me to a beautiful resort at Medina. It was a relaxed vacation with no planned activities just lazy talks and an awesome episode of Myth Busters on  TV. We both fell asleep on the Bubble Skin man feature. I hope he got cured. 
Lady Bus Conductors on the way back home. 
I got back to work after the short RnR. 
Here's one of our daily touristy after work pics: 
We were sent to another week of training right before Sinulog. It was a week long of lunch outs with loads of goofing around. 
 The day always seems to end with EmFu eating most. 

See, my life has been all topsy turvy. It's been crazy but I'm coping.
I hope you had fun reading. Longest blog post ever. 

Photo credits: Doy|TJ|Jessa|Malsh









2 comments: