Sunday, October 27, 2013

Chingkeetea

In my last afternoon in CDO I had loads of errands to run, things I had to finish before going back to work. I had a meeting somewhere near the area so I dropped by this little cafe, apparently the place to be. 

It was 5pm when I visited the place and it was swarming with bagets, still in their uniform.  Chingkeetea is somewhere in Pabayo-Gaerlan Street, in the Malfori compound. Word has it that the owner's name is Chingkee Te. Ha! I see what you did there(seem like a fun person)
Its a really tiny place cramped with tables and decors. 
Instead of feeling crowded, the whole place has a cozy, comfortable vibe. I love, love the whole effect. It's the whole mismatch effortless feel that added to the appeal. I love their attention to detail. 

I was there at the time most highschool bagets gets out so the place was really packed. They also tend to outtalk each other and LOL alot which meant this time will not be good if your looking for a quiet place. Ohh, by the way for the bagets out there, they also have a study corner, which I didnt get to see. 
Did I forget to mention that they are a milk tea store? Yep, they are. They are supposedly "The authentic Taiwanese Milk Tea Experience".

I only got their Wintermelon so I cant say much about their offerings. Being a tea fan, and having been able to try milk teas of various flavors from various stores I hereby conclude that their milk tea is not that heart-stopping.
I prefer my milk tea with a prominent tea taste, well because it is supposed to be tea! Milk tea is supposed to be based on tea, mixed with milk and some other flavor, so yeah, it should have a "tea taste" to it.  It was also way too sweet for me. I didn't know if they adjust sweetness flavor, I wasn't offered and I completely forgot to ask. The taste is comparable to the Milk Tea from Red Moon. The price is absolutely great. They range from Php 65- 100 depending on what you'll get

All in all I'd still come back to try out their other offerings(hopefully they'd offer matcha green tea when I get back) and for the cozy little place.  

Sorry for the bad quality pics, These are all phone cam pics since this visit was really unexpected. 
When get back, ill try to get better pictures.
P.S. woohoo im posting, im posting. I get really happy when I post something in my blog because I feel like im not being stagnant. Hurray for blog posts!

1 comment:

  1. Haha...You can adjust your sweetness level, Mi. But unless you ask, they won't offer to adjust it. Wintermelon was blah ( I usually pair it with coffee jelly) but the Taro was okay, though nowhere near Serenitea's or Chatime. Does it make me old if I say that though I found it cute and cozy, the noise level of the high schoolers irritate me..haha...The owner is Arjhay's friend yata.

    ReplyDelete