Saturday, March 22, 2014

Concrete Jungle Birdies

I work in Cebu's biggest congregation of skyscrapers. Buildings pop out like mushrooms in what seemed like days and not months. 
Being an avid fan of mother nature and it's amazing creatures, I try to pick up as much moments as I can. One day, about two years ago, I was amazed to find a cute little bird building a nest above KFC's rafters. I was surprised at how much they have adjusted to the concrete jungle that surrounds them. Then all day this week when I start to walk home, I hear birds as in a flock of birds on these trees! There seems to be a lot of them because they are audible over my 85% volume level audiobook in headsets! I feel like I'm in the woods! Whats even more amazing, they are sort of synced! They sort of make a pause in their twittering and resume together. Simply amazing! I am amazed with the fact that even Cebu's most crowded place can be home to some animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment