Monday, June 18, 2012

There's no turning back 20-20


Due to my hard-headedness and my inability to follow simple instructions from my Optometrist and blatant disregard for common sense, I am now suffering constant headaches even if I wasn’t reading much (not by my standard of reading which generally includes sleepless nights curled up with a book or at least an hour or four). I've been abusing my eyes since grade school and they are now screaming PAYBACK TIME! 



My eyeglasses (my third pair) which has been around for over a year now was specifically made to relieve my astigmatism. I didn't know if the optometrist was serious or not, but I was. I vowed to wear it all the time as I was told, as what good girls do, but after three or so months, it slowly declined from all-day-wear to for-PC-use-only until it reached the strictly-when-needed-only. You see the pattern and I am very positive that I am not alone here.
For the last two months I was on leave from work (insert whoops and hoorays here). An unproductive, target less me eventually got bored of the movie marathons, the lounging around, the moping around and most especially, the payless, non-earning me ran out of funds to support my spur of the moment trips to malls, friends’ houses and windows shopping sprees so I turned to my piles of books (both real and electronic) and that’s when my eyes started their aggressive protest. And now I probably need to get a new pair. Lesson learned, I will now therefore try out contacts and see if it'll suit me better. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment