Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Favorite Fairy Tale

Belle and Beast
Beauty and the Beast is my all-time favorite childhood movie, hands down and I remember it with perfect clarity.  I've watched it several times before and I plan on watching it over and over again. For the record I’m a big sucker for fairy tales so I've had my fair share of fairy tales, I've seen the movies and read the books and up until now and I’d like to think I’m pretty diverse, but this is still my favorite. Maybe it’s Lumiere, Cogsworth, Chip and Mrs. Potts or the maybe it’s the amazing songs, I can’t really be sure. It could also be because of the love story. It wasn’t so typical (back then at least) for the two main characters not to be in love at first sight. You see, Ariel fell in love with Prince Eric right away, the prince already risked his life to wake Aurora even before seeing her and Cinderella rebelled just to get a chance to see the prince. Maybe that’s it, maybe it’s because it all started out as a selfless sacrifice. In the movie I can see Belle’s love for her father and her father’s love for her in return. Their love progressed, it wasn't a given, it wasn't instant. I don’t know but I love love stories where guys act tough but is really a softie inside, like Beast. Sigh, fairy tales!

No comments:

Post a Comment