Sunday, April 28, 2013

Ghosts of Lippies Past (and Present)


I am no fan of Lip Glosses or lipsticks because I have uber sensitive lips and I almost always end up with grossly chapped lips after several hours. When I buy a new brand of lip balm its mostly a miss than a hit. Ive tried sooooo many brands. I've bought several versions of Maybeline even if I know my skin abhors their products because of their cute packaging(their Baby Lips is a total disaster).

I don't have lips as red as Snow White's so a little help is always welcome. My skin tone and the fact that my lips even have crazy reaction to toothpastes makes it really hard for me to find fab lippies that doesn't chap my lips. 


So with this dilemma, I present to you some of the products that I have always been working for me, consistently and some for a while, lets call them true love and summer flings. 


These are two of the first ever lip product that I bought that isn't a lip balm. Shall we say they were my rights to passage. Revlon's Colorstay Ultimate: It literally stays on your lips even after you brush your teeth, even after an entire night of crazy beach get-away. It really stands out for its name. It worked for a while, I loved how it stayed on and all. Since it's designed to stay put, it is also designed to be dry. Yes long-wear, zero transfer lippies are really dry because if it isn't it wont be as effective. After a while it started chapping my lips. But hey, no regrets here. 
Status: Summer Fling
L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip gloss is an angel sent from up above. I love the color and the how it feels on my lips. The cute packaging also makes it very classy and brush is also good. It doesn't last as long as I'd wanted it to. What ticks me off is that it went goopy on me before I wanted it to. It's shelf life was shorter than I hoped. 
Status: True Love 

Second one - Revlon ColorStay,I so so so love the color. I wasn't able to really test this too much because of the fact that I only coerced this from the previous owner(hello Sheena!) and she only gave in when it was almost empty. It's great on the staying power and definitely not as drying as the Ultimate version. 
Status: True Love 
Revlon's Moonshine Lipstick - I initially bought this for my mom as a gift but of course I had to try it on when ever I could. I liked the formula of this one. It wasn't as long lasting as the ColorStay line though but lasts longer than L'Oreal Colour Riche. The colors were great but I didnt like the sort of shimmer it has. 
Status: Summer Fling 
Photo Credits: http://www.luuux.com/
The most recent addition to my quest for true love the best lippies(I stopped for a while) is NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss. I got this from Honey on a whim. I was not supposed to buy it but this baby had me on her Cherry smell which reminds me of that gum from my childhood we called pula-pula. I had to get it, anything that reminds me of happy childhood is always a welcome treat. Turns out this is one of the best buys I've made this year. The color is soo rich and it works with my skintone and my crazy lips! 
Status: True Love 

So on to the lip balms!

Here is Nivea Med Protect. It has the RX written all over. It supposed to be ideal for my maarteng lips. It did work - for a while. I was able to use up about half of the second tube when it and my lips agreed to disagree. 
Status: Summer Fling 

On our trip to Baguio last year, I ran out of lip balm and I knew I needed one because of the cold weather. We passed by a Watson's-like store in Glorieta, I saw it and decided to give Carmex a try. I liked it. I liked the minty-but-not-in-an-overwhelming feel of the balm. I was content and then halfway through the tube, it stopped working and started chapping my lips. Again. Grrrr
Status: Summer Fling 
So I met the current love of my life: EOS! Isnt it absolutely the cutest? Im like a proud mama right now. I've seen this with Ed Westwick on a paparazi shot but I didn't expect to find it here in Cebu, in a store that I accidentally came across while I was perusing my dear Ayala. I chose the green one because I am biased with anything green. Boy I wasnt disappointed. It tasted like Double Mint gums and it feels so light to the lips - just enough, perfection. It smells so good too. I cant help but somehow lick it off, it's so yummy - good thing it's all natural and organic. 
Status: True Love 






4 comments:

  1. Memeta, asa ka nakapalit sa eos nga lip balm? I've heard good reviews about it na and I wanted to try it pero I don't know where to buy. I want to try other colors sa lipstick but I don't know what to get. hahaha..dli pa ko confident enough to wear true red lippies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it from Somera. They recently moved to a stall somewhere sa 2nd floor. We went back there last week wala nay mint. Let's go makeup shopping together when I can hold myself together na.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suggest this site to my friends so it could be useful & informative for them also. Great effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope your friends will also find this useful.

      Delete