Wednesday, August 27, 2014

C∞C: The Big Day


Since I'm not working (not for long, I hope!) and I'm not running any errands, or running across town to comply something, I finally, finally have time to write about THE BIG DAY! I know, its waaay over due but the pics from the photographers weren't released the day after you know. Then, I went back to Cebu and there was work, and there were moments to cherish, memories to make, then there are more errands to run and full procrastination attacks to survive from. In short I was busy and I was saving this task when I can most enjoy it. Going through all the pictures is a bit tedious but here they are, finally!
A beautiful random shot during the ceremony. This wasn't staged. 


First, I would like to thank the following people who made it possible for us to be guests at our own wedding:
Tipoy from Renzeez Events for helping us plan and execute everything; Alex Lanoja (cp# 0935.945.1990) for making my gown, his suit and my mother’s gown (which we all got to keep!)all very tastefully done; Nene Villavito  (cp#0923.302.7402)  for making the gorgeous flower balls I requested for the church and for finding a way to transform the huge cold ballroom into an intimate cozy place, which was not a small feat; My Uncle Dennis for making the souvenirs from scratch; JB Leonardo for the beautiful pictures and MAQ Videos for the neatly organized video; Jeff for making me look pretty and for the best braid my hair has ever had; Jack Fryday for making sure there was never a dull moment during the reception; my Nanay Virgie for making sure there’s enough food for everyone; ISG Print Ideas for agreeing to print such irregular-sized invites; Red Tag Cebu for the Save-the-dates and the book; Suarez for our rings;Pics 'n Prints for the photobooth; my big crazy family(Mom, Dad, sibs, cousins, uncles, aunts, friends) for the sleepless nights, DIY facial, mani pedi, full body scrubs, arranging our house, providing transpo – in short, for saving my life; his equally big family for being so supportive too. I love you all!

 
 
 


 Look at my adorbs baby girls! Iam a frustrated ballerina thus the ballerina inspired outfit, more like bohemian ballerinas. 
This stand is supposedly for my gown, however my XS gown did not fit so off it went with the suit. 
Mama Alex must have known the inner mermaid in me will be totally happy with the extra fin-like flair on my gown. So Ariel!
P.S. We got married  before the Three Kings that's why the Christmas decors are still there.

There are two things I am extremely proud of on our wedding: 1.) our guests actually came to the church and attended the actual ceremony. It was a tiny church and we were able to fill it (my biggest wedding peeve – close to empty church but bursting full reception venue!). I guess the fact that I saw to it that the reception venue was NOT indicated on the save-the-dates might have helped *wink* #evilbride.  2.) I didn't cry at all on my wedding day! Woohoo! That’s a huge achievement for a cry baby like me. I was just happy we’re getting it over and done with (planning was stressful).
 My beautiful bridesmaids who went out of their way to find their own dress and really helped me out with the whole thing. Jeff knew I have a thing with braids and surprise - all of my bridesmaids got braids too! #bonerforbraids
Ahhh the effort of several days of scouting those suspenders paid off. I like the relaxed vibe it brings.
Who knew, my childhood laag destination made for a great backdrop. 
There's a huge commencement-exercise-stage at the back of our little nook and Im so glad Mommy Nene was able to find a way to make it cozy and definitely not intimidating.
I love the simple table setup. I don't like centerpieces that doesn't allow you to see and talk to the person opposite you.
Thanks to Ate for the cake that came right out of my Pinterest peg.
Our entrance as a couple. This was a super out of the body experience.
I love this shot because it shows off my braid. BRAIIIIIDS.
I don't like stiff, overly formal weddings where everyone has to be on their toes all the time. Weddings, should be a celebration of love and for me it means being comfortable, being happy and a prime time to bask on the idea that the world hasn't ran out of love yet. Ours was a light-hearted celebration that reflects how happy we were and there were lots of dancing and laughter.

 
 
 There were photobombers too.
Happy Mama and Tatay.
I gotta finish off with this happy picture!

I don’t think I will ever be able to thank everyone enough, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
|C∞C


2 comments:

  1. I truly enjoyed reading this, Mi. I remembered how happy you and Clint looked that day :) Cheers and hope to see a baby bump soon :D haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gang thank you so much for everything, you were one of the few people who were with me from start to finish gyud. Thank you to you and DD!

    ReplyDelete