Tuesday, September 30, 2014

We're back, Baguio!

When we first went to Baguio last 2012, I had so much fun and thoroughly enjoyed the entire trip that I vowed to come back. I am very pleased to say that we stayed true to our words and we went back! This trip was actually planned by my husband and his friends and I had no idea that I’d be coming along. He arranged everything with his friends and only told me days before the trip. Unfortunately, our stay here is shorter than the last one, but we enjoyed nonetheless.
I love you City of Pines!



We were chance passengers and we ended up in Victory's Luxury Bus, it's Php. 300 more than the regular bus. We had wifi, a toilet and lazyboy-ish chairs, complimentary snacks and a pretty stewardess.  
 There's also just 3 columns in this bus, which means less passengers. Our travel time was also about 2 - 2.5 hours shorter because we didnt have to stop for toilet breaks.  
We stayed in a Military Camp (thanks to our “insider”) and the rent for this whole apartment is so cheap. It is, however only supposedly for families of the AFP. The apartment that we stayed on has 3 bedrooms, a living room, water heater (please!) plus a fully functional kitchen with gas range, thermo pot, hot and cold water dispenser, fridge, dish dryer, utensils down to the Luminarc plates. I was impressed!
 I will not allow a trip to Baguio without eating at Good Taste, never! I am such a fan.
 Can you imagine this is only 6 cups of rice? It looks like a whole pot of rice. We didn’t get to finish it, even with a voracious rice eater(me!). 
 We only paid about Php900 for our meal which was good for an entire barangay! 
Day 1 was concluded with a trip Burnham Park, where we did touristy stuff like this - shamelessly. 
We also went to the Wagwagan - the infamous Baguio Ukay-ukay
We passed by the airport runway, turned bypass road to the PMA.
 On our last trip, we didn’t get to visit the PMA grounds because a major homecoming was ongoing at that time. This time, we were with an “insider” and we not only got to witness an actual ceremony but we also got to see the classrooms, hallways, stores and some off limits areas. 
 
This is an actual classroom in The Academy. I am happy to see that they are actually well provided and well equipped. They have reasonable access to technology – each Cadet has their own laptop. I’m glad they are moving on with the times. 
  
 September is not strawberry season so unfortunately no strawberry picking for us. Mag strawberry-topped taho nalang sa. 

I was able to take some pictures before our cam died on us. Baguio is such a beautiful place to visit, I hope I can convey it through these photos. Flowers seems to be more alive, more colorful here.  
Here’s one of Baguio’s Flower Farms. 
What are pine trees without pine cones? 
A view of the vomit-inducing Kennon Road. Can you spot the great Lion's Head?

No comments:

Post a Comment