Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Review: Elf Eyelid Primer

I went to Chedelyn's store in APM on whim. I was scheduled for an appointment at the "human groomers" but I came in late so I had time to wander around SM. Then I decided to cross the street to APM Mall to look for a replacement of the lippie that I lost *insert crying face here*. I did not find the lippie(well, they have it but not in the shade that I need, yes NEED!) so I manically browsed through their stuff and found this!
\





I was about to buy the full sized Eyelid Primer alone but I saw this pack and I swooned! Although it contained the mini version of the primer, I didn't mind. I didn't had to pick out which shade. Woot! I usually research for feedbacks before I purchase anything since I don't want to purchase something that wont work for me and my skin tone but since this is a spur-of-the-moment buy I didn't had time and not having to choose which shade is such a relied AND it came with a Lengthening Mascara too. 

Here they are, in their neat little tubes. Chedelyn, if you still dont know her(where have you been??), is an online seller and I got most of my makeup from her. She's selling legit makeup and not dupes(I can definitely attest to this). She recently opened her store in APM Mall(right across SM City Cebu) and her facebook store is still on full swing.  
The Mascara comes in Black while the Primer came in Sheer and Champagne. Ive always wanted an eyelid primer because my eyelids have folds like elephant skin and that always, always causes crease and it somehow ruins the whole drama. 

 This is how the wand looks like. The consistency is not so liquidy nor clumpy. It was just the right mix for me. This is my first tube so bear with my happy makeup spirit. 

And this is the mascara's brush. Ive always been a L'oreal mascara fan and I always get the volumizing one. My boss who's also a makeup junkie told me she doesn't like volumizing mascara because she finds it fake-looking. Well she has a point and got me thinking about trying out a lengthening mascara instead of my usual, and here I have it. Whatta perk! I didn't actually want to buy a new mascara yet since im still on my L'Oreal Voluminous one and I have a Benefit Bad Gal Lash waiting to be used. 

Here's what the back of the pack looks like. It also has ingredients listed.  

This was my first attempt of using the primer.The mascara I was using here is different. My mistake here is that I didnt allow the primer to set in properly because, being my perpetually late self, I was running late. This was used with my L'oreal HIP in Riotous and nothing else. There are still some creases but definitely minor compared to the ones I get all the time. 


My second attempt is way better. I woke up early to have enough time to let the primer set in properly. No crease! This picture was taken 14 hours after I put it on and 8 hours of which was spent on an office with a busted AC. I was really happy with the result. Its a bit shiny due to the shimmer on the eyeshadow. I was using my L'Oreal HIP Stick Eye Shadows in Captivating and Irresistible and a swipe or two of my Physician's Formula pallet. 

This is day 3 of the wonder that is the Eyelid primer. I used this today with my Max Factor Vivid Impact Eyeshadow Duo in Smokin Rose(ayan complete name!) and lots and lots of eyeliner unintentionally.



Im so happy that I finally found an eyeshadow primer that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I love the fact that the creasing is now almost non-existent and that my eyeshadow tends to stay longer. I would definitely recommend this to friends and buy it again! Good job Elf!
PS, If you notice I put in the names of the eyeshadow that I'm using in case the color is not very clear. My photo editing skills is as good as a 3-yr old and I have no idea about colorcorrectwhatsits. You be the judge. Hope you enjoy this!

4 comments:

  1. I like your blog! Please check out my new fashion/beauty blog when you get the chance!

    http://katemossandpizza.blogspot.com

    Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor. You have a pretty nice blog yourself.
      PS: I love Kate Moss too ♥

      Delete
  2. Finally got the chance to read your blog haha! Hurrah to me! Would you like to feature the eos mint lip balm? I'm still lovin' it and still worrying if I run out and what i'll do if eos won't be making one anymore nyahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. panikerang hoarder you! relax EOS is here to stay and Im sure they will continue to make Sweet Mint because it's selling like hot cakes! nabasa nimo uban?

      Delete