Sunday, February 23, 2014

C∞C: How it Started

Today I will write about our love story, our story.
Disclaimer: This is going to be a loooong post and it will be cheesy. 


I was 18, a sophomore and he was turning 21, a graduating engineering student. We met through my highschool friend who happens to be taking the same course as he. They're in the same school, while I am from his High School Alma Matter. Like many stories set in the modern times, we started being friends through text messages, occasionally seeing each other, he was very busy with his thesis at that time.
By the time December rolled by, we went on a couple of dates and he started courting me. He had this beard that makes him look maangas but in reality, he's so much more refined and gentler than me. The beard was mentioned because I found out later on that he made some promise that he will only shave if and when he gets himself a girlfriend. 

So come January 3, 2006 I asked him to make an appearance at home because Kuya's and Dad's "mag uyabuyab gali ka sa dalan,sniperon ta gyud mo sa lalaki. Ipaanhi na sa balay" was etched to my mind since before puberty struck. You see Kuya is in the army and therefore has access to sniping paraphernalia and I've witnessed Dad punch scumbags before. He had no qualms about making an appearance at home, a very good sign. When we got at home, the boys were already sent to bed, Mom and Dad are just watching TV, Kuya still not home. It was awkward beyond awkward, Mom was trying to make conversation, Dad was so restless - sat down, laid down, went out, went back in - repeat at least 3 times. The boys, made holes in the wall to try to get a peek and when Kuya arrived, he just kept smiling. He was the first guy to have met my parents, aside from my friends. When he left, my brothers stopped feigning sleep and joined in on the side comments. 

The following day, January 4, I met him after school and we walked around and I said yes because Im not really a fan of waiting. If we both want it and it's not illegal, why wait? So I noticed the beard already gone. Confident! 

I have never expected this relationship to last, in fact I have given it only 3 months. Ha! It was, is my first relationship. He is my first boyfriend and having fully realized and acknowledged my malditaness, 3 months was a reasonable period. The relationship was very smooth, we dont argue about petty stuff and we only broke up once(over a very serious matter). He's been very supportive from day one, and my adolescent wish to finally have someone to hold hands with is finally granted. There was never a you-and-me-against-the-world moment. 
Come July 2008, I had to fulfill my contract here in Cebu(Hey I was looking for a job and they gave me an offer! #desperateFreshgrad) and even if we made a promise not to leave CDO after graduation (he left first by the way) I left anyways and I'm still here. I left without thinking about the consequences of the long distance to our relationship, only tears because I wont be seeing him a lot anymore. Maybe its good that I never thought about it a lot because it helped me keep a good mindset. We just lived our relationship one day at a time.


I’ve been in Cebu for almost 6 years now and our relationship survived. Looking back, it seems a long time but really, it seems like a few months. I believe our relationship survived despite the distance because we both know we have to work on it. 
We call, text, video chat as much as we can and travel to see each other as often as we can. We go on vacations, eat out and be there for each other as much as we can.


On March 17, 2013 on a very tiny rowboat with 12 other people, he proposed very silently (very Clintish), I did not actually heard the words but in my heart I know what they were and I said yes. It was the most magical night of my life, the fireflies lit up the trees, the stars twinkled in the sky while some bio-luminescent plankton flashed in the water. I never, in my entire life expected this from him. I feel so lucky and I would never trade that for anything else. 


 E-Shoot Photos by the handsome guys of Kickflip Productions 

I would like to wrap this up with a song, my song for him. xx







3 comments:

  1. Awww...this is so sweet, Mi. I'm really happy for you and Clint. I wish I could've been there at your wedding. Have a long and happy life together, you. And start working on having kids na..hehe..Botskie needs a playmate. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis. Im sorry I wasnt in yours. hahaha Botskie will play with his manghod - pag buhat na mo ug manghod!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha...it's a bit tricky to get pregnant now with the distance, pero hopefully in two years? lol I intend to spend time with Botskie first before I concentrate on another squalling, pooping human being. haha...kidding!

      Delete