Thursday, March 6, 2014

How to: Ombre hearts


As I mentioned on my previous post, I have put my nails on nail polish hiatus to get rid of the yellow tint. The one who did my nail during the big day said it's a sign that my nails are soaked with color. I always do my own nails and getting comments like that from somebody who does it for a living is something. So after my hiatus, why not put some love in my nails? I saw a really nice Ombre heart nail design on Pinterest and I wanted to try it out. It looked so easy.
Here's what I used:
Sally Hansen in Crinoline for the base
Caronioa in Kiwi and Sansan in Blue Saphire for the ombre
Clear Nail Polish
Nail Polish Remover
Some glossy recycled paper
Sponge (Old dishwashing sponges works best for me)
Tip: Don't do this after doing a week's worth of laundry and not on an empty stomach so your hands wont be shaking. You need your hands to be steady.
First step: Paint your nails like as usual and wait for it to be completely dry. The less coats the better.
Next: Fold the glossy paper(glossy so it wont get soaked) and cut out a heart. Make sure the heart fits your nails. Then put the paper over your nail and do a normal ombre with the sponge.
Finish with a clear nail polish and clean up with some qtips and you're all done!
 
Easy but it's very tedious, your work has to clean. Extra hands will be much appreciated here. I'm definitely trying this again.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment