Tuesday, March 4, 2014

How to: Resolve Point to Select Mouse Issues

Banana Boat’s computer is with me now due to several things that needed fixing. This is a long overdue problem (was supposed to work on it the first few weeks of January and oh look! It’s March already.) but because I’ve been so busy after the big day and well, some other more urgent things came along and some other things #procrastinating. 

 The driver issue was resolved (thank you Chuckie!) and the time issue already determined (dead CMOS bat and I yet to look for the tools to open it) and now I finally got past the other issue: files open in a single click. I’ve been to the darn mouse settings more than 10 times and can see nothing wrong with it, nor any positive results when I change things. I have even gone to the registry *face palm*  #badtechnician. The solution was really easy and I thank God I was given above average googling skils. No, I did not discover this on my own.

Here's how to resolve this thoroughly annoying issue:

First you have to go to the Windows Explorer (AKA Clicking on Computer (for Windows Vista, 7&8)/My Computer (for XP)/This PC(for Windows 8.1) or simply opening any folder.

Then locate the word Organize at the top left (the one in the green box) click it and then choose Folder and search options



A smaller box will open and just click on Double-click an item (single-click to select) like what I did(highlighted by the green box)

And viola! The issue is resolved. 
Easy breezy



No comments:

Post a Comment